Pagine

domenica 17 gennaio 2021

IFAK and Gloves

I made a new UV map of the 1st pov hands and a pair of new gloves that look much better to me and probably you can understand which models I was inspired by.
Now I have to align and synchronize everything with 3rd pov player's hands.
I also made a new, more realistic medkit (ifak) and fix some errors on the blood textures.

I wanted to write a couple of notes about the weapons used. I currently use 18 out of 20 slots (two slots are reserved for bolt action weapons) and there are a few things I discovered:
// SH3 -> force empty reload even is not the last shot (hardcoded)
// SH4 -> force empty reload even is not the last shot (hardcoded)
// SH6 -> force the wapon as primary (hardcoded)
// SH7 -> force the wapon as primary (hardcoded)
// TH15 -> force bolt action weapon behavior (hardcoded)

The CQB weapons I am using in TCE are more detailed and seem to be handled without problems. To get a rough idea an ak47 1st pov without accessories has 6167 tris and 3704 verts while a lowpoly ak47 3rd pov has 826 tris of and 527 verts.
I made some important changes that involve the weapons that will eventually be added.
The main tag is no longer in an unspecified place in the middle of the weapon but is positioned in the middle of the handle at the height of the trigger to facilitate the positioning of the new weapons and the tuning of the aim.
Each accessory has its own tag and we have:
tag_suppr -> suppressor
tag_fgrip -> forward grip
tag_clip -> clip
tag_clip2 -> clip
tag_slide -> slide
tag_sight -> sight
tag_brass -> brass
tag_flash -> flash

There is the usual problem with the maximum memory budget for arms animations (there is a maximum limit of total "verts positions" that I have yet to calculate) and I am thinking of not use the akimbo that weigh a lot of memory and carry on other animations first (... machine pistols).



Nessun commento:

Posta un commento